Stephen and Courtney

Stephen and Courtney

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Your Load

The other day I was getting laundry out of the dryer.  I dropped a sock and bent down to get it and then dropped three more items.  When I reached for those I dropped two more.  I yelled out "Stephen, this is a metaphor for my life"!

The next day as I sat at a red light I saw a little bird gathering sticks.  That little bird had the same problem I did.  She would reach for a stick and then one would fall out of her beak and then she would start over.  I wanted to call out, "Little bird. You are only meant to carry three sticks!"

I am excited to go back to teaching full time and see that God is using laundry and birds to teach me to lighten my load.  Like all women, I want to do all the things and do them all well.  Well, it's inevitable that I will drop things along the way.  Thankfully, my husband is great at picking them up but I see that it is so important that we don't take on more than God intended for us.  He desires us to work hard and rest.  We need to create margin in our lives for needed rest. Margin is also where relationships have room to grow and flourish.  Lighten your load and pray through the things that are truly yours to carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment